1. Haak, Thomas., et al. Flash glucose-sensing technology as a replacement for blood glucose monitoring for the management of IS-treated type 2 diabetes: a multicenter, open-label randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Therapy 8.1 (2017): 55-73
2. Lang J, Jangam S, Dunn T, Hayter G. Expanded real-world use reaffirms strong correlation between scanning frequency of flash glucose monitoring and glucose control [Poster 972]. Diabetes 2019 Jun; 68(Supplement 1)
3. Vincze G, Barner JC, Lopez D. Factors associated with adherence to self-monitoring of blood glucose among persons with diabetes. Diabetes Educ. (2004);30(1):112-125.
4. Wagner J, Malchoff C, Abbott G. Invasiveness as a barrier to self-monitoring of blood glucose in diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. (2005);7(4):612-619.
5. Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care.
6. Alva, Shridhara, Timothy Bailey, Ronald L. Brazg, Erwin S. Budiman, Kristin Castorino, Mark P. Christiansen, Gregory Forlenza, Mark Kipnes, David R. Liljenquist, and Hanqing Liu. “Accuracy of a 14-Day Factory-Calibrated Continuous Glucose Monitoring System with Advanced Algorithm in Pediatric and Adult Population With Diabetes. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, (September 2020). http://doi.org/10.1177/1932296820958754
7. Data based on the number of users worldwide for the FreeStyle Libre system compared to the number of users for other leading personal use sensor based glucose monitoring brands. Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care, Inc.
‡ 60-minute warm-up required when applying the sensor
Ω The Reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1cm to 4cm of the sensor.
₸ Sensor is water resistant in up to 1 metre (3 feet) of water for a maximum of 30 minutes. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes. Not to be used above 10,000 feet.
† Finger pricks are required if your glucose readings and alarms do not match symptoms or expectations.
◊ Patients choose which device they want to receive alarms: FreeStyle Libre 2 reader or FreeStyle LibreLink app. They must start their FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor with that selected device. Once the patient scans their FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor with that device, they can receive alarms only on that device. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check the website for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView
* Comparing 2 groups from lowest to highest scan rate (3.5 and 38.5 scans/day)